Let’s talk about what the Keto diet isn’t because a lot of people seem to think it’s something that’s it is not. The currently popular version of the Keto diet is NOT the actual version of the real Keto diet. The popular fad version is unhealthy and unsustainable.
Fad vs Real
- You CANNOT eat any fats you want – no one should think that’s healthy.
- You CANNOT have bacon and cheese at every meal unless you want high cholesterol, increased risk of stroke and heart disease.
- You CANNOT eat whatever you fancy (can you tell I’m Southern) as long as it’s not carbs or sugar.
- You CANNOT have a big steak for dinner every night.
The real Ketogenisis Diet
- All fats must be healthy fats and in proper quantity.
- Berries are always okay but obviously don’t gorge yourself.
- No tropical fruits with only one exception – coconut.
- Beef is okay but no every single day.
- Bacon is okay but not every single day – this should be common sense.
- All seafood is fine.
- Vegetables are always happy to be on your plate or bowl.
- No grains. No carbs. No starches.